Words have the power to change the world. I love using them to help increase pet retention and to strengthen the human-animal bond.
My writing portfolio includes online, regional, and national publications. I have written articles for Lincoln Animal Ambassadors Pet Talk, Lincoln Kids, Lincoln 55+, Neighborhood Extra, Star City Sports, The Cat House newsletter, and the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants’ journal. Plays of mine were included in Hearts United for Animals’ educational curriculum. Currently, I am an Editorial and Publications Coordinator for the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia.
As a local animal welfare volunteer, I helped feed, socialize, and foster animals for various local animal rescues and shelters. I currently serve as media chair for Lincoln Animal Ambassadors, foster for The Cat House, and provide cat therapy through Love on a Leash. Nationally, I am a member of Best Friends Network Partners, Blog Paws, International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, International Cat Therapy, and Pet Professional Guild.
My academic background includes a major in English and in education. I also have certificates in Journalism, the Nebraska Writing Program’s Teaching of Writing, and Cat Retention and Behavior.
Interested in my journalism services? I write researched articles of different lengths and for a variety of audiences including children. My writing passions are cat therapy, training, behavior, and socialization. I also accept samples or free products for an honest review. Rates are available upon request.
- All Pet Voices: How to Make Vet Visits Easier for Your Cat
- All Pet Voices: 22 Ways Your Cat Communicates with You
- All Pet Voices: How Wild Cats Became the Pets We Know Today
- Companion Animal Psychology: Animal Lovers on Books that Changed their Lives
- IAABC: Insights from Cat Agility
- IAABC: Training Cat to become Therapy Cats
- Muttleys: Helping Shy Cats
- Preferred Pet Partners: Pet Manners for Your Sitters
- Preferred Pet Partners: Crate Training